Place:


Brantham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brantham like this:

BRANTHAM, a parish in Samford district, Suffolk; on the river Stour, and on the Eastern Counties railway, 2 miles NNE of Manningtree station, and 7½ SSW of Ipswich. It has a post office under Manningtree. Acres, 2,482; of which 560 are water. Real property, £3,654. Pop., 445. Houses, 98. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, not reported.* Patron, Emmanuel College, Cambridge. The church is good.

Brantham through time

Brantham is now part of Babergh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Babergh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brantham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brantham, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7059

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brantham ".