In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Bradley like this:
BRADLEY (Great), a parish in Risbridge district, Suffolk; on the verge of the county, 5 miles SE of Dullingham r. station, and 6 N of Haverhill. It has a post office under Newmarket. Acres, 2,280. Real property, £3,369. Pop., 460. Houses, 99. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £407. Patrons, the Trustees of the Rev. W. S. P. Wilder. The church is substantial.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Great Bradley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of St Edmundsbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Great Bradley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Bradley, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Great Bradley".