In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blyford like this:
BLYTHFORD, or Blyford, a parish in Blything district, Suffolk; on the river Blythe, 2½ miles E by S of Halesworth r. station. Post Town, Halesworth. Acres, 947. Real property, £1,548. Pop., 193. Houses, 41. The living is a donative in the diocese of Norwich. Value, not reported. Patron, the Rev. Jeremy Day. The church has two Norman doors and a perpendicular English tower, but is mainly decorated English.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Blyford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Waveney. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Blyford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blyford, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Blyford".