In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Belton like this:
BELTON, a parish in Mutford district, Suffolk; on the East Suffolk railway and the Waveney river, 3 miles SW by W of Yarmouth. It has a station on the railway, and includes the hamlet of Browston; and its Post Town is Yarmouth. Acres, 2,059. Real property, £3,460. Pop., 516. Houses, 114. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £362.* Patron, the Bishop of Norwich. The church is old but good; and has a round tower, which was rebuilt in 1849.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Belton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Great Yarmouth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Belton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Belton, in Great Yarmouth and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th October 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Belton".