In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Bealings like this:
BEALINGS (Great), a parish in Woodbridge district, Suffolk; on a branch of the Deben river, and on the East Suffolk railway, near Bealings station, 2¼. miles W by S of Woodbridge. Post Town, Little Bealings, under Woodbridge. Acres, 1,029. Real property, £2,091. Pop., 338. Houses, 88. The property is divided among a few; and much of it belongs to-Lord Henniker. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £250.* Patron, Lord Henniker. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Great Bealings has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Suffolk Coastal. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Great Bealings and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Bealings in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Great Bealings".