In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wicken Bonhunt like this:
WICKEN-BONANT, a parish in Saffron-Walden district, Essex; 2 miles WSW of Newport r. station, and 5 SW of Saffron-Walden. Post town, Newport, under Bishops-Stortford. Acres, 841. Real property, £1,255. Pop., 173. Houses, 36. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £300.* Patron, H. Bliss, Esq. The church has been restored and partly rebuilt. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wicken Bonhunt has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Uttlesford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wicken Bonhunt and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wicken Bonhunt, in Uttlesford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wicken Bonhunt".