Place:


Wennington  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wennington like this:

WENNINGTON, a parish in Romford district, Essex; on the London and Southend railway, midway between Rainham and Purfleet r. stations, and 7 miles SSE of Romford. It has a post-office under Romford. Acres, 1,570; of which 285 are water. Real property, £3,217. Pop. in 1861, 130. Houses, 26. Fourteen new cottages were built in 1868. The living is a rectory in the dio cese of Rochester. Value, £421. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient.

Wennington through time

Wennington is now part of Havering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Havering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wennington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wennington, in Havering and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6969

Date accessed: 16th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wennington ".