Place:


Little Warley  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Warley like this:

WARLEY (Little), a parish, with a village, in Billericay district, Essex; 3 miles S by E of Brentwood r. station. Its N. part contains Warley-Common; and its Post town is Brentwood. Acres, 1,651. Real property, £2,472. Pop. in 1851, 988; in 1861, 485. Houses, 38. The difference of pop. was mainly a difference in the number of inmates at W.-Common barracks. ...


The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £290.* Patron, the Rev. J. Pearson. The church is plain. There are a national school, and charities £17. The refugee Russian prince, Nicephorus Alphery, was rector.

Little Warley through time

Little Warley is now part of Brentwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Brentwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Warley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Warley, in Brentwood and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6963

Date accessed: 17th January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Warley ".