Place:


Vange  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Vange like this:

VANGE, a parish in Billericay district, Essex; 1¾ mile WSW of Pitsea r. station. Post town, Horndon-on-the-Hill, under Romford. Acres, 2,250; of which 550 are water. Real property, £1,490. Pop., 160. Houses, 33. Little V. Hall is the seat of D. Morin, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £310.* Patron, Major Spitty. The church is tolerable.

Vange through time

Vange is now part of Basildon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Basildon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Vange itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Vange, in Basildon and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6956

Date accessed: 17th January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Vange ".