Place:


Little Thurrock  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Thurrock like this:

THURROCK (Little), a parish in Orsett district, Essex; 1 mile E of Grays r. station. Post town, Grays, under Romford. Acres, 1,495; of which 160 are water. Real property, £2,708. Pop., 294. Houses, 66. T. Hall is the seat of T. W. Towson, Esq. There are chalk pits, and several remarkable chalk caves. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £523.* Patrons, the Trustees of the late Rev. E. Bowlby. The church is good.

Little Thurrock through time

Little Thurrock is now part of Thurrock district. Click here for graphs and data of how Thurrock has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Thurrock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Thurrock, in Thurrock and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6938

Date accessed: 19th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Thurrock ".