In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described High Roding like this:
ROOTHING (High), a parish, with a village, in Dunmow district, Essex; on the river Roding, 3¾ miles S S W of Great Dunmow, and 8 E N E of Sawbridgeworth r.station. Post-town, Dunmow, under Chelmsford. Acres, 1,803. Real property, £2, 823. Pop., 469. Houses, 110. The property is subdivided. The manor was given, in the time of the Confessor, to a monastery in the Isle of Ely. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £391.* Patron, the Earl of Roden. The church was recently restored. There is a parochial school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing High Roding has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Uttlesford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering High Roding and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of High Roding, in Uttlesford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "High Roding".