In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aythorpe Roding like this:
ROOTHING-AYTHORP, a parish in Dunmow district, Essex; on the river Roding, 5 miles S W by S of Great Dunmow, and 6 E of Sawbridgeworth r. station. Post-town, Dunmow, under Chelmsford. Acres, 1, 394. Real property, £2,038. Pop., 269. Houses, 56. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £380.* Patron, the Rev. H. Ludgater. The church is good, and has a spire.
Aythorpe Roding is now part of Uttlesford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Uttlesford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aythorpe Roding itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aythorpe Roding, in Uttlesford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aythorpe Roding ".