Place:


Nevendon  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nevendon like this:

NEVENDON, or Newendon, a parish in Billericay district, Essex; 2½ miles N by W of Pitsea r. station, and 4½ S E of Billericay. Post-town, Battle-Bridge, under Chelmsford. Acres, 991. Real property, £1, 380. Pop., 205. Houses, 39. The property is divided among a few. The manor appears on record so early as the time of Edward the Confessor. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £230. Patrons, the Representatives of the late S. Kevall, Esq. The churchcomprises nave and chancel, and was recently in disrepair.

Nevendon through time

Nevendon is now part of Basildon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Basildon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nevendon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nevendon, in Basildon and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6838

Date accessed: 16th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nevendon ".