In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Navestock like this:
NAVESTOCK, a village and a parish in Ongar district, Essex. The village, which consists of four scattered hamlets, Navestock Side, Horseman Side, Cuddlesmere Green, and Navestock Heathstands near the river Roding, 5 miles S S W of Ongar r. station, and 6¼ N N E of Romford; and has a post-office under Romford. Acres, 4, 329. Real property, £6, 417. Pop., 928. Houses, 178. The property is much subdivided. The manor was given by King Edgar to St. Paul's cathedral, and by Queen Mary to the ancestor of Earl Waldegrave; and, with Navestock Park, belongs now to the Dowager Countess of Waldegrave. ...
Dudbrook House, the seat of the Countess, Navestock Hall, Abbotswick House, and Bois Hall, are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £424.* Patron, Trinity College, Oxford. The church is large and good; and consists of nave, S aisle, and chancel, with wooden tower and shingled spire. There are a parochial school, and charities £51.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Navestock has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Brentwood. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Navestock and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Navestock, in Brentwood and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Navestock".