In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kedington like this:
KEDINGTON, or KETTON, a village and a parish in Risbridge district; the village and most of the parish in Suffolk, but part of the latter in Essex. The village stands on the river Stour, 2½ miles ENE of Haverhill r. station; and has a post office under Newmarket. The parish contains also Brockley-Green, Great Wilseys, and the Risbridge workhouse. ...
Acres, 2, 342. Real property of the Essex portion, £1, 317; of the Suffolk portion, £3, 638. Pop. of the E portion in 1851, 104; in 1861, 115. Houses, 26. Pop. of the S portion in 1851, 668; in 1861, 881. Houses, 134. The increase of pop., in the latter, arose partly from the erection of the workhouse. The property is divided among a few; and a chief portion of it belongs to H. Purkis, Esq. The manor was known, at Domesday, as Keditune; belonged to the Baynards; and passed to the Earls of Clare and the Barnardistons. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £701.* Patron, the Rev. W. H. Syer. The church is neat and good, and contains many ancient and handsome monuments. A school has £7 from endowment, and other charities £32.
Kedington is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kedington itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kedington, in St Edmundsbury and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kedington ".