Place:


Little Holland  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Holland like this:

HOLLAND (LITTLE), a parish in Tendring district, Essex; on the coast, near the mouth of Holland brook, 2 miles S of Great Holland, and 3 S by W of Kirby r. station. Post town, Great Clacton, under Colchester. Acres, 916; of which 270 are water. Real property, £898. Pop., 88. Houses, 17. The coast rises in cliffs. The living is a donative, annexed to the vicarage of Great Clacton, in the diocese of Rochester. The church has been demolished.

Little Holland through time

Little Holland is now part of Tendring district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tendring has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Holland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Holland, in Tendring and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6801

Date accessed: 17th January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Holland ".