In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Lawford like this:
Lawford, par. and vil., Essex, in NE. of co., on river Stour, 1½ mile W. of Manningtree, 2712 ac., pop. 814; P.O.; contains the seats of Lawford Hall and Lawford House.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lawford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Tendring. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lawford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lawford, in Tendring and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lawford".