In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Laver like this:
LAVER (LITTLE), a parish in Ongar district, Essex; 4 ¼ miles N of Ongar, and 5½ ESE of Harlow r. station. Post town, Ongar, under Brentwood. Acres, 968. Real property, £1, 537. Pop., 111. Houses, 27. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £261. * Patron, R. Palmer, Esq. The church is a brick building, with a wooden belfry.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Little Laver has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Epping Forest. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Little Laver and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Laver, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Little Laver".