Place:


Little Henny  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Henny like this:

HENNY (LITTLE), a parish in the district of Sudbury and county of Essex a mile NW of Great Henny. Post town, Sudbury. Acres, 410. Real property, £723. Pop., 81-Houses, 14. The manor, with Ryes Lodge, belongs to N.Barnardiston, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £61. Patron, N.Barnardiston, Esq. The church is in ruins.

Little Henny through time

Little Henny is now part of Braintree district. Click here for graphs and data of how Braintree has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Henny itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Henny, in Braintree and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6759

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Henny ".