In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marloes like this:
MARLOES, or MARLAIS, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; in the peninsula between Milford Haven and St. Bride's bay, 6 miles W by N of Milford r. station, and 10 SW of Haverfordwest. Post town, Milford Haven. Acres, 2,478. Real property, £2,947. Pop., 443. Houses, 95. The property is divided among a few. A lake here, called Marloesmere, contains leeches. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £80. Patron, the Lord Chaucellor. The church is tolerable. Charities, £5.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Marloes has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Pembrokeshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Marloes and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marloes in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Marloes".