Place:


South Fambridge  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Fambridge like this:

FAMBRIDGE (South), a parish in Rochford district, Essex; on the river Crouch, opposite North Fambridge, 3½ miles NNW of Rochford, and 6¾ N by W of Southend r. station. Post town, Canewden, under Chelmsford. Acres, 1, 234. Real property, £1, 484. Pop., 104. Houses, 12. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £428. Patron, E. Stephenson, Esq. The church is tolerable.

South Fambridge through time

South Fambridge is now part of Rochford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rochford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Fambridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Fambridge, in Rochford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6703

Date accessed: 14th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Fambridge ".