In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Easton like this:
EASTON (Little), a parish in Dunmow district, Essex; on the river Chelmer, 2 miles NW by N of Dunmow r. station, and 6 ½ E by S of Stanstead. It has a post office under Chelmsford. Acres, 1, 548. Real property, £2, 385. Pop., 357. Houses, 76. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Valne, £305.* Patron, Viscount Maynard. The church has two brasses, and is good. There are alms-houses for 4 widows, and a clerk's house.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Little Easton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Uttlesford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Little Easton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Easton, in Uttlesford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Little Easton".