In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Easthorpe like this:
EASTHORPE, a parish in Lexden district, Essex; 1¾ mile S by E of Marks Tey-Junction r. station, and 4 ESE of Coggleshall. Post town, Copford, under Colchester. -Acres, 1, 300. Real property, £1, 543. Pop., 144. Houses, 30. The living. is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £211.* Patron, the Hon. Col. Onslow. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Easthorpe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Colchester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Easthorpe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Easthorpe, in Colchester and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Easthorpe".