In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llantrissent like this:
LLANTRISSENT, a parish in Pontypool district, Monmouth; on the river Usk, 3 miles S by E of Usk r. station. Post town, Usk, under Newport, Monmouth. Acres, 2,762. Real property, £2,832. Pop., 308. Houses, 59. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Pertholey, in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £180.* Patron, the Rev.J. E. Wakley. The church is dedicated to Sts. Peter, Paul, and John; and is good.
Llantrissent is now part of Monmouthshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Monmouthshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llantrissent itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llantrissent in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llantrissent ".