In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llan Soe like this:
LLANSOY, a parish in Chepstow district, Monmouth; 2 miles NE of Llandenny r. station, and 4½ ENE of Usk. Post town, Usk, under Newport, Monmouth. Acres, 1,410. Real property, £1,687. Pop., 168. Houses, 30. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £170.* Patron, the Duke of Beaufort. The church is good. Charities, £14.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llan Soe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Monmouthshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llan Soe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llan Soe in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llan Soe".