In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llan Rhos like this:
EGLWYS-RHOS, a parish in Conway district, Carnarvon; on the Llandudno railway, within the Ormes-Head peninsula, 2¼ miles NNE of Conway. Post town, Conway. Acres, 3, 735; of which 630 are water. Rated property, £2, 856. Pop., 832. Houses, 172. The property is divided among a few. Diganwy Castle here was an ancient seat of the Welsh princes. Lead and copper ores occur. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £167. Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church stands in a beautiful situation; is ancient, cruciform, and good; and contains monuments of the Mostyns. Charities, £22.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llan Rhos has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Conwy. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llan Rhos and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llan Rhos, in Conwy and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llan Rhos".