In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanrhian like this:
LLANRIAN, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on the coast, 6½ miles NE of St. David's, and 14 NW of Haverfordwest r. station. It contains the large village of Trevine, which has a post office under Haverfordwest. Acres, 3,683. Real property, £4,165; of which £69 are in quarries. Pop. in 1851,1,178; in 1861,1,017. Houses, 249. The property is much subdivided. A grange or palace of the Bishops of St. David,s was at Trevine; and a vault of it still exists. A cromlech comprising a cap-stone 16 feet long, on supporters, 5½ feet high, is on the farm of Longhouse. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £105. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Rheanus, and is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanrhian has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Pembrokeshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanrhian and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanrhian in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanrhian".