Place:


Chickney  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chickney like this:

CHICKNEY, a parish in Dunmow district, Essex; 3 miles NE of Elsenham r. station, and 3¼ SW of Thaxted. Post town, Thaxted, under Chelmsford. Acres, 700. Real property, £831. Pop., 76. Houses, 13. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £164. Patron, Capt. H. Byng, R. N. The church is good.

Chickney through time

Chickney is now part of Uttlesford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Uttlesford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chickney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chickney, in Uttlesford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6586

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chickney ".