Place:


Little Burstead  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Burstead like this:

BURSTEAD (Little), a parish in Billericay district, Essex; 2¼ miles SSW of Billericay, and 4½ E by S of Brentwood r. station. Post Town, Billericay. Acres, 1,829. Real property, £1,655. Pop., 186. Houses, 37. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £356.* Patron, the Bishop of Rochester. The church is good; and there are charities £44.

Little Burstead through time

Little Burstead is now part of Basildon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Basildon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Burstead itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Burstead, in Basildon and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6565

Date accessed: 21st February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Burstead ".