Place:


Little Braxted  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Braxted like this:

BRAXTED (Little), a parish in Witham district, Essex; on the river Blackwater, adjacent to the Eastern Counties railway, 1 mile E by N of Witham. Post Town, Witham. Acres, 563. Real property, £1,173. Pop., 111. Houses, 23. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester Value, £118. Patrons, Trustees of Sir W. B. Rush. The church is good. Charities, £7.

Little Braxted through time

Little Braxted is now part of Maldon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Maldon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Braxted itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Braxted, in Maldon and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6554

Date accessed: 21st January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Braxted ".