Place:


North Benfleet  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Benfleet like this:

BENFLEET (North), a parish in Billericay district, Essex;, 2½ miles NE of Pitsea r. station, and 3 W by S of Rayleigh. It has a post office under Chelmsford. Acres, 2,418. Real property, £3,225. Pop., 285. Houses, 56. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £700.* Patron, Emmanuel College, Cambridge. The church is good.

North Benfleet through time

North Benfleet is now part of Castle Point district. Click here for graphs and data of how Castle Point has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Benfleet itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Benfleet, in Castle Point and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6535

Date accessed: 19th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Benfleet ".