In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wickhambreaux like this:
WICKHAMBREUX, a parish, with a village, in Bridge district, Kent; 2½ miles NE of Bekesbourne r. station, and 4½ E by N of Canterbury. It has a post-office under Sandwich. Acres, 2,310. Real property, £5,647. Pop., 461. Houses, 106. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £790.* Patron, Admiral G. H. D'Aeth. The church is good; and there are a parochial school and charities £8.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wickhambreaux has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Canterbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wickhambreaux and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wickhambreaux, in Canterbury and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wickhambreaux".