In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangynin like this:
LLANGINNING, a parish in the district and county of Carmarthen; on the river Cynin, near the river Taf, and on the South Wales railway, 2½ miles W of St. Clears r. station, and 11 W by S of Carmarthen. Post town, St. Clears. Acres, 3,270. Real property, £2,556. Pop., 378. Houses, 79. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Va1ue, £80. Patron,G. Philips, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Cynin.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llangynin has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Carmarthenshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llangynin and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangynin in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llangynin".