In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangwyryfon like this:
LLANGRWYDDON, or LLAN-Y-GWYRYFON, a parish in Aberystwith district, Cardigan; on the river Wyrai, under Mynydd-Bach hill, 7½ miles S by E of Aberystwith r. station. Post town, Aberystwith. Acres, 3,846. Real property, £2,073. Pop., 557. Houses, 131. Turf fuel is obtained. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £176. Patron, J. P. B. Chichester, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Ursula, and has an ancient pillar cross.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llangwyryfon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ceredigion. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llangwyryfon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangwyryfon, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llangwyryfon".