In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangwm like this:
LLANGWM, or LLANGWYN, a township and a parish in the district of Corwen and county of Denbigh. The township lies on an affluent of the river Dee, 7½ miles W by N of Corwen r. station; and has a post office, of the name of Llangwm, under Corwen, and fairs on 8 March, 18 April, and 11 Aug. ...
The parish contains also the townships of Cefn-Cymer, Disgarth, Llan, Llysdimel, Molfre, Nant-Haulog, Penyfoed, and Rhos-y-Mambrych. Acres, 10,578. Real property, £4,215. Pop., 986. Houses, 194. Much of the surface is waste upland. A battle was fought within the parish, in the 10th century, between Eidwal and Meredydd, princes of Wales. The. living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £350. * Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. There are two chapels for Independents, two for Calvinistic Methodists, one for Wesleyans, and charities £8.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangwm, in Conwy and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangwm ".