In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sevington like this:
SEVINGTON, a parish in East Ashford district, Kent; on the Southeastern railway, 2 miles S E of Ashford. Post-town, Ashford. Acres, 832. Real property, £1, 628. Pop., 113. Houses, 22. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. . Value, £250. Patron, the Rev. W. H. Smith. The church is good; and there is a free school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sevington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ashford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sevington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sevington, in Ashford and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sevington".