In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Orgarswick like this:
ORGARSWICK, a parish in Romney-Marsh district, Kent; in Romney marsh, 3½ miles E S E of Ham-street r. station, and 4 N by E of New Romney. Post-town, Dymchurch, under Folkestone. Acres, 392. Real property, £1, 189. Pop., 10. House, 1. The property is divided among a few. The living is a sinecure rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £39. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury. There is nochurch.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Orgarswick has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Shepway. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Orgarswick and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Orgarswick, in Shepway and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Orgarswick".