In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lynsted like this:
LINSTEAD, a village and a parish in Faversham district, Kent. The village stands 1½ mile SSW of Teynham r. station, and 3 SE of Sittingbourne; and has a pillar letter-box under Sittingbourne. The parish contains also the village of Green-street, which has a postoffice under Sittingbourne. Acres, 1,806. Real property, £5,522. Pop., 1,029. Houses, 218. The property is snbdivided. The manor belonged formerly to the Lords Teynham; and, with Linstead Lodge, belongs now to Col. Tyler. ...
An estate in the parish belonged to the Hugessen families, and passed to Sir Edward Knatchbull. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £300.* Patron, the Archdeacon of Canterbury. The church consists of nave, aisles, and two chapels of the Teynham and the Hugessen families; contains, in these chapels, several handsome monuments; and was recently in bad condition. There are parochial schools.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lynsted has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Swale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lynsted and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lynsted, in Swale and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lynsted".