In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barford like this:
BARFORD, a parish in Forehoe district, Norfolk; on the river Yare, 5 miles NNW of Wymondham r. station, and 9 W of Norwich. Post Town, Barnham-Broom under Wymondham. Acres, 1,052. Real property, £22,506. Pop., 419. Houses, 94. The property is sub-divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £288. Patron, Skinner Turner, Esq. The church is good; and there are two Methodist chapels.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Barford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Barford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barford in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Barford".