In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Intwood like this:
INTWOOD, a parish in Henstead district, Norfolk; adjacent to the Brandon railway, 1¾ mile E of Hethersett r. station, and 3 ½ SW of Norwich. Post town, Norwich. Acres, 617. Real property, £804. Pop., 68. Houses, 16. The manor was given by the Conqueror to Eudo Dapifer; belonged, in the time of Elizabeth, to Sir Thomas Gresham, the founder of the Royal Exchange; passed to the Hobarts; and belongs now to Hudson Gurney, Esq. Intwood Hall is chiefly a modern mansion; but it retains portions of the old hall of the Greshams, with their armorial bearings; and that hall gave entertainment, in 1549, to the Earl of Warwick, when on his march against the Norfolk rebels. ...
The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Keswick, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £350.* Patron, J. S. Muskett, Esq. The church is ancient but good; and has a round tower, surmounted by an octagonal lantern.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Intwood has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Intwood and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Intwood in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Intwood".