In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thruxton like this:
THRUXTON, a parish in Andover district, Hants; 2½ miles NNE of Grateley r. station, and 5½ W of Andover. It has a post-office under Andover. Acres, 1,865. Rated property, £1,868. Pop., 247. Houses, 65. The manor belongs to St. John's Hospital, Winchester. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £390.* Patron, the Rev. D. Baynes. The church was repaired in 1839. Charities, £17.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Thruxton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Test Valley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Thruxton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thruxton, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Thruxton".