In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kinnersley like this:
KINNERSLEY, a village and a parish in Weobly district, Hereford. The village stands adjacent to the Hereford and Brecon railway, 4 miles SW by W of Weobly; and has a station on the railway. The parish contains also the township of Newchurch: and its posttown is Weobly, Herefordshire. Acres, 2, 199. Real property, £2, 641. Pop., 313. Houses, 64. The manor belongs to John Parkinson, Esq. Kinnersley Castle, an old building, surrounded by a thick wood, is a chief residence. A fortalice of some importance was at the village, before the Norman Conquest; and the remains of it were converted into a dwelling house. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £353.k Patron, Mrs. M. E. Clark. The church is of the 12th and 13th centuries, with a later tower; and contains several monuments. Schools were erected in 1861. Charities, £12.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kinnersley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kinnersley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kinnersley in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kinnersley".