In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Radbourne like this:
RADBOURNE, a parish in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby; 4¾ miles W of Derby r. station. It has a post-office under Derby. Acres, 2,034. Real property, £3, 447. Pop., 225. Houses, 45. The manor belonged to the Walkelynes; passed to the Chandoses and the Poles; and, with R. Hall, belongs now to E. S.Pole, Esq. The parish is a meet for the Hoar Cross hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £372.* Patron, E. S.Pole, Esq. The church was repaired in 1844; consists of nave, N aisle, and chancel, with pinnacled tower; and contains an ancient font, curious oak-carving, and some splendidancient monuments. Charities, £16.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Radbourne has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Derbyshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Radbourne and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Radbourne in South Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Radbourne".