Place:


Bodwrog  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bodwrog like this:

BODWROG, a parochial chapelry in the district and county of Anglesea; 4 miles S by W of Llanerchymedd, and 4 NNE of Ty-Croes r. station. Post Town, Gwindy, under Bangor. Acres, 1,813. Real property, £1,683. Pop., 319. Houses, 78. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Llandrygarn, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is good.

Bodwrog through time

Bodwrog is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bodwrog itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bodwrog in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6161

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bodwrog ".