Place:


Calverton  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Calverton like this:

CALVERTON, a parish in the district of Potterspury and county of Buckingham; on Watling-street and the river Ouse, adjacent to the Buckingham canal, 1 mile S of Stony-Stratford, and 2½ WSW of Wolverton r. station. Post Town, Stony-Stratford. Acres, 1,980. Real property, £3,372. Pop., 595. Houses, 112. The property is divided among a few. A Roman camp lay around the site of the church; and Roman relics have been found there. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value £346.* Patron, the Earl of Egmont. The church was built in 1818. Charities, £30.

Calverton through time

Calverton is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Calverton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Calverton, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6160

Date accessed: 21st January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Calverton ".