In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Flemingston like this:
FLEMINGSTON, or Flimstone, a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; near the coast, 3 miles SSE of Cowbridge r. station, and 9¼ SSW of Llantrissant. Post town, Cowbridge. Acres, 672. Real property, £1, 003. Pop., 63. Houses, 10. The property is all in one estate. The manor belonged to John Fleming, one of the twelve knights who came in with Robert Fitz Hamon, in the time of William Rufus. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £196. Patron, the Earl of Dunraven. The church is good. Edward Williams, the poet, was a native.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Flemingston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of The Vale of Glamorgan. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Flemingston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Flemingston in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Flemingston".