In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Millbrook like this:
MILLBROOK, a fishing-village and a chapelry in Maker parish, Cornwall. The village stands on an inlet of the Tamar, 2 miles, across the Hamoaze, S of Devonport r. station; has a post office under Devonport, and fairs on 1 May and 29 Sept.; was once a market-town and a borough; and has a pop. of about 1,500. The chapelry has no definite limits; and its statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £160.* Patron, the Earl of
Mount-Edgecumbe. A battery, for the defence of Plymouth sound, has been erected on heights near the village.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Millbrook has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Caradon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Millbrook and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Millbrook, in Caradon and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Millbrook".