In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cubert like this:
CUBERT, or Cutiibert, a parish in St. Columb district, Cornwall; on the coast, near Holywell bay, 5½ miles WNW of St. Michael, and 8 ½ N by W of Truro r. station. Post town, New Quay, under St. Columb. Acres, 2, 518; of which 75 are water. Real property, £3, 486. Pop., 420. Houses, 85. The property is divided among a few. Some mining is carried on; and there is a petrifying spring. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £180.* Patron, the Rev.H. Hosken. The church stands on a hill; contains monuments of the Hoskens and others; and is good. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cubert has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Carrick. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cubert and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cubert, in Carrick and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cubert".