In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Tisted like this:
TISTED (West), a parish in Alresford district, Hants; 5¼ miles ESE of Alresford r. station. Post town, Alresford. Acres, 2,268. Real property, £1,826. Pop., 282. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £58.* Patron, Magdalen College, Oxford. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing West Tisted has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Hampshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering West Tisted and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Tisted in East Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "West Tisted".