In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hanmer like this:
HANMER, a village, a township, a parish, and a subdistrict, in the district of Ellesmere and county of Flint. The village stands near the boundary with Salop, 3 miles N of Bettisfield r. station, and 5 NE of Ellesmere; and has a post office‡ under Whitchurch, Salop. The township comprises 2, 247 acres. ...
Real property, £4, 738. Pop., 491. Houses, 91. The parish contains also the townships of Bettisfield, Bronington, Halghton, Tybroughton, and Willington. Acres, 14, 718. Real property, £19, 601. Pop., 2, 519. Houses, 504. The property is divided among four. Bettisfield Park is the seat of Sir John Hanmer, Bart.; and Gredington Hall is a seat of Lord Kenyon. Hanmer mere covers about 73 acres. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £397.* Patron, Sir J. Hanmer, Bart. The church is of the time of Henry VII., in very good condition; and has monuments of Speaker Hanmer and Lord Chief Justice Kenyon. The vicarage of Bronington is a separate charge. There is a chapel in the township of Bettisfield, served from Hanmer.-Hanmer school has £33 10s.; and other charities have £101. Davydd ap Edmund, the bard, was a native.The sub-district is conterminate with the parish.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hanmer, in Wrexham and Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hanmer ".